Atta Ka Ladoo, is a rich, sweet dessert or snack. There are so many variations of Ladoos. They are made using different flours, milk and nuts. Atta Ka Ladoo is commonly made in every house hold with some variations. It is a simple recipe with few ingredients, but the texture and taste is amazing!
Recipe will make 18 ladoos and will serve 6.
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (roti ka atta)
- 1/2 cup ghee, clarified butter
- 1 cup sugar fine
- 1/3 cup roughly crushed almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Dry roast atta, on low medium heat until lightly colored this should take about 6-7 minutes. Add almonds and roast for about 3 more minutes. Important to keep stirring continuously, to roast evenly.
- Add ghee and keep roasting, keep stirring continuously, atta will be light brown and will have sweet aroma of roasting. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the mix to another bowl. Wait until mix is lightly warm add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well until sugar is incorporated nicely.
- To make the ladoos, take about 2 tablespoons of atta mix into your palm. Gently press the mixture between your palms to form a smooth, round ball. The ladoos should be little smaller then golf ball, but you can adjust the as you prefer.
- Leave the ladoos on a plate to cool to room temperature before putting into a covered container. The ladoos can be stored in an airtight container for 2 to 3 weeks.
You will also like Besan Ladoo