Atta ka Halwa, is a delicious sweet dessert. This is easy to make and with few ingredients. Atta ka halwa is made with whole wheat flour, sugar, and clarified butter, flavored with cardamom. I love the sweet aroma and flavor of cardamom, for me cardamom is must to have any sweet I make.
Recipe will serve 4.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup ghee, clarified butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 10-12 raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon pistachios sliced for garnishing
- Boil the water and sugar in a pan over medium high heat. Bring the syrup to full boil and mix it well making sure sugar is dissolved, and turn off the heat. Set aside.
- In a frying pan over low medium heat, add the clarified butter after butter is melted add whole wheat flour. Keep stirring and roast the flour, till it turns light brown and have nice sweet aroma. Flour should be roasted well, after adding the syrup four will be lighter in shade. Halwa should be nice and light brown in color. This should take about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the syrup slowly to minimize splattering. Keep stirring continuously, making sure there is no lumps. Add raisins, half the almonds and cardamom, and cook till it becomes consistency of thick batter. Keep the halwa softer than your desired consistency, as it will thicken over time. This should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds, and pistachios. Serve warm.
You will also like Whole Wheat Gaund Panjiri.