Aloo Gobi – Potatoes With Cauliflower
Aloo Gobi is a delicious main dish made with potatoes, cauliflower, and a great blend of spices. Aloo Gobi can be served with various breads, such as rotis, parathas, and puris.
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 inch shredded ginger
- 3 tsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 2 green chilies, sliced in long pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mango powder amchoor
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro hara dhania
1/4 cup water use as needed
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded ginger, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and 3 tablespoons of water to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed crack right away oil is ready. Add hing and cumin seeds to the oil after seeds crack add the bay leaves and green chilies and stir for a few seconds.
- Next, add the spice paste and stir for a minute until spices start leaving the oil.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes, 2 tablespoons of water and salt. Mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir gently every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lastly, add the mango powder and fresh cilantro (green coriander). Mix everything and cover for a minute. Adjust the salt to your taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!