Almond saffron milk is a festive drink; this can be served hot or cold. Milk with blend of nuts and
flavored with saffron to give a beautiful orange-yellow color and distinctive flavor and aroma.
- 20 Oz milk
- 10 almonds
- 10 pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar adjust to taste
- few strands of saffron
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced pistachios
- Soak the almonds and pistachios ten minutes in hot water. Peel the skin off the almonds and pistachios.
- Grind the almonds and pistachios until smooth, using two to three tablespoons of milk.
- Boil the remaining milk in a heavy bottom pan over medium high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the almond paste, sugar, cardamom and saffron strands. Lower the heat to low and let it simmer four to five minutes, stirring often. Turn off the heat.
- Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with pistachios.