Almond Walnut Cashew Burfi is a healthy, quality substitute for candy that your entire family will enjoy.
Recipe will make 24 pieces.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds to garnish
- Dry grind the walnuts, cashews and almonds in a food processor.
- Dry roast the groundnuts in a frying pan on low medium heat.
- Roast them just enough so that the nuts start to give off an aroma. It will take about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Put the sugar and water together in a saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a boil to make the 1 thread syrup or on the candy thermometer it should reach 230 degrees F.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cardamom powder.
- Add the nuts to the syrup and mix, and then spread over a greased 8-inch plate. Note: don’t let the syrup cool off. It must be spread while still hot.
- Wait a few minutes until burfi is set but still soft.
- Then cut the burfi into any shape you like (such as square, diamond, triangle).
- Garnish each piece of burfi with sliced almonds while the burfi is still soft.
- Allow the burfi to cool for about an hour to dry and hold its shape. Now you can remove the burfi from the plate.
- Burfi can be stored for a month.
- Proportion of nuts can be changed to your choice.
- You may also add pistachios and coconut powder.