A hearty Vegetable Soup is so tempting in winter. A cup of soup is a great meal starter or a tasty, nutritious and satisfying lunch. Vegetable Soup is very comforting.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1 bay leaf tajpat
- 6 cloves long
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 1 small potato peeled and cubed in small pieces
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1-1/2 cups tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat, Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if the seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
- Add the cumin seeds. As they crack, add carrots, potatoes, green beans, bay leaf, cloves, and salt. Cook two to three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, cabbage, celery, tomato, and three cups of water. When it boils, turn the heat down to low medium.
- Cover and cook 25 to 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the black pepper and lemon juice. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!