Recipe submitted by Poornima Omaknt
Vegetable Lasagna is one of my daughter’s favorite dinner. They like the way I make it with black beans, spinach, broccoli and mixed vegetables. It’s a great party dish. You can prepare this ahead of time. Just bake before the party and serve hot!
Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
Baking Time: 45min
Serves: 10-12 slices
- 12 oz package (12 strips) Oven ready Lasagna noodle
- 1 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 4-6 tsp Olive Oil
- 16oz (1 bunch) Fresh Spinach chopped
- 1 Cup Broccoli
- 1 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 1/2 Cup Green Beans, carrot, onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup Black and red beans (cooked)
- Green Chili – to taste (finely chopped )
- 4 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1tsp Italian Seasoning- dry parsley and oregano
- Crushed Red Chili Pepper – 1tbsp
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – 2 cups
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese – 1 cup
- Fresh Basil Leaves – handful, chopped
- Italian Parsley and cilantro – chopped finely
- 1tsp Chili powder
- Salt – to taste
- Soak both beans together 6-8 hrs. Then pressure cook for 2 whistles. Then add salt, chili powder and keep aside.
- Take a pan stir fry spinach with 1tsp butter and salt and few chopped green chilies and garlic for 2min and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of Olive Oil in a medium non-stick pan then add cumin seeds, crushed red pepper, chopped green chili, garlic, parsley ,oregano, onion then add broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots and salt. Stir fry for a 2-3min then keep aside..
- Mix both the shredded cheese in a bowl and keep aside.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now Spray the bottom and sides of a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with cooking oil.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with few spoons of Marinara Sauce – just enough to coat.
- Layer 3 noodles(sheets) next to each other on top of the sauce.
- Lightly coat the top of noodles with a little more sauce.
- Spread cooked beans and spinach 1tbsp. then layer with ½ cup cheese
- Again Place 2nd layer of noodles on top of the cheese (side by side).
- Lightly spread sauce on the noodles.
- Now Spread stir fried vegetables mixture evenly and again layer with ½ cup cheese mixture on top of the sauce.
- Layer 3 noodles again and spread with sauce, cooked black beans, remaining stir fry vegetables, spinach and 1/2 cup cheese mix.
- Finally repeat same process with 3 more noodle sheets, finally add reaming beans, veggie, sauce and sprinkle cheese mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Finally allow the Lasagna to rest for 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve as it is OR with salad for a complete meal.
Use glass baking tray for best results! You can also try with other vegetables too.