Vegetable Cheela Rolls
Vegetable Cheela Rolls is a healthy and delicious any-time meal. Cheela Rolls is a treat for people who are vegan and gluten free. Cheela is like a besan dosa, and can be used as a wrap and this cheela wrap with vegetables makes a wholesome meal. Cheela Rolls can be used as a snack and also for good a lunch box meal.
- 1 cup besan Gram flour
- 2 Tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 3/4 cup water to make batter
- 4 tsp oil
- 3 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tsp oil Canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds rai
- 2 tsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, besan, rice flour, cumin seeds, and salt. Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter, consistency of Dosa batter. Set aside.
- To make the filling: Heat the oil in frying pan over medium high heat. Oil should be moderately hot, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, as the seeds crack. Add cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper. Stir-fry for about one minutes add all the other ingredients, coriander powder, chili powder, salt, sugar and lemon juice. Stir- fry for about three to four minutes, vegetables should be still crisp. Turn off the heat.
- To make the Cheele: Use a heavy skillet and place on medium-high heat. Test by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. Water should sizzle right away.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and spread evenly with a back of spoon. Starting from the center, spiral the batter outward evenly to form a circle.
- When batter starts to dry, gently spread one teaspoon of oil over it. Wait about 30 seconds; flip the cheela using a flat spatula.
- Press the cheela lightly all around with the spatula to make cheela cook evenly. Turn the cheela and in the center of the cheele put about ½ cup of stir-fry diagonally and roll it.
- Vegetable Cheela Roll is ready to serve. I like to serve this with Mango Pickle or Cilantro Chutney.
In the ingredients, we need about 4 cups total of sliced vegetable (this includes the cabbage, bell pepper, and carrots) Suggestions Use or preferred vegetables and also works good with any leftover vegetables.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2017-08-21 23:32:15.
14 thoughts on “Vegetable Cheela Rolls, vegetable Wrap”
hi mam, thanks for shearing such delicious food recipes
Besan is Chickpea flour. Black gram is Urad dal. That said, I love your recipes! 🙂
Hello Manjula Ji, Thank u for sharing your recipes n ideas .. It has been a huge help to me. I loved ur tava that you have used to make chillas .. could u please tell me where u brought it please ? Thank u n God bless !
Wow! What a yummy and delicious recipes, i can’t wait to try this at home asap.
What is Besan?
Black gram flour
Very useful information about receipe Vegatable Cheela Rolls. I will definitely try at home.
thank you for tasty recipe
Love it!! I am a snack loving person, and this recipe is so delicious, spicy, sweet and amazing. I keep trying such recipes and this recipe has found a fixed spot on my snacks list. You can eat it anytime and it is perfect as a party snack. Everyone must try this recipe for sure once at least, it is such a darling recipe for snacks. Please check some snacks recipes I tried, which are extremely delicious, healthy and low in calories.
I am really fond of food and I am glad you are here to give us such delicious food recipes 🙂
Rubina, Thank you
Thank you for your delicious recipes.
Please advise whether I can use pea flour, instead of gram flour, I am from South Africa, we do not always get gram flour.
You must log in to post a comment.