Recipe submitted by Divya
The coconut is such a versatile fruit and can be incorporated in a myriad of recipes. Instead of using coconut for its meat i decided to use coconut flour and create some wonderfully delicous pancakes. Coconut flour is fast gaining popularity as a great health food. It is low in carbohydrate content and high in fiber and it helps with weight loss.
I’ve also made coconut syrup to go with the coconut pancakes. Followed by a glass of tender coconut water, it makes a very healthy and tasty breakfast which at the same time is packed with protein and fiber and a great deal of nutrients and antioxients from coconut water.
To Make Pancakes
- 1/3 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1 1/3 cup Coconut milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Coconut oil to cook the pancakes
- Combine dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and combine. Keep stirring as you add the milk and whisk to form smooth batter.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter in the center of the heated griddle and gently spread to about 5 inches diameter.
- Drizzle with about 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Flip the pancake over after about a minute. It should be golden brown in color. Let the other side cook for about half a minute and then remove it from the griddle.
- Make the other pancakes in this manner
for Cocunut Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Jaggery
- 1/4 Cup Shredded coconut (Fresh or frozen)
- 1.5 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Take water in a vessel and let it come to a boil.
- Add jaggery and turn heat to medium. Heat until the jaggery dissolves fully and starts forming a syrupy texture.
- Add the coconut and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cardmom powder and remove from heat.
Putting it all together
We will form a stack of four pancakes. So take one pancake. Drizzle some syrup on it making sure u get enough coconut on the pancake. Continue stacking 4 pancakes in this manner. Drizzle the rest of the syrup on the topmost pancake and top with some freeze dried or fresh fruits of your choice. Enjoy!. The pancakes are tasty enough without the syrup too so the health conscious can enjoy the low-carb high fiber pancakes without the extra carbs from the syrup. What a guilt free and sumptuous breakfast!
2 thoughts on “Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes with Coconut Syrup”
nice coconut syrup which is rich in proteins and vitamins.it is really easy to make .thanks for posting.
Very new to me.. looks really good and tempting.. thanks for the recipe 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.