Two Minute Fruit and Cracker Dessert
One evening while playing cards with my husband, Alex, and my son’s mother-in-law, Alex suddenly asked for something sweet. I didn’t have any dessert prepared and all we had in the house was ice cream and some chocolate. Alex has always been super innovative with his food combinations, and this recipe is just that, a product of desperation. At first, my kids and grand-kids made faces when they heard what it was made of, but with a little bit of tweaking, it has become a simple dessert that our entire family has been preparing during this quarantine.When I say it only takes two minutes, I truly mean it. And it is so easy to make, that even my youngest grandchild can put it together in no time. The graham cracker pairs well with the creaminess of the cream cheese while still giving a nice crunch. The fruit adds natural sweetness and the drizzle on top of either chocolate or caramel is the perfect cherry on top. Just bring out the ingredients and everyone can help themselves. Today I have a very special guest star my grandson Shaan who is helping me out with today’s recipe. Behind the scenes, I also have my granddaughter, Rhea, helping to film the video. We will be making a Fruit and cracker dessert, that is kid friendly and simply delicious.For this recipe, there is no cooking involved, and the ingredient measurement I am providing only as a guide.Recipe will serve 2.
- 8 graham crackers
- 8 Tbsp cream cheese approximately
- 8 strawberries thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp chocolate ganache
- 2 Tbsp almonds thinly sliced
- Spread the cream cheese over all the graham crackers
- Next spread the slices of strawberries. Now cover them with another graham cracker to make them into sandwich.
- Drizzle with chocolate ganache. And garnish with almonds, that gives a nice crunch and beautiful look.
- Fruit and Cracker Dessert has nice crunch when it is eaten while making after 5 minutes crackers start getting soft.
This dessert can be made with any other fruits and toppings of your choice. I also love making these with bananas and kiwi, and I also like topping it off with caramel sauce. You can buy caramel sauce and chocolate ganache they are readily available. I generally keep homemade chocolate ganache and caramel on hand. They are easy to make and have a long shelf life.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!