Stuffed Mushrooms with tomatoes and oats
Stuffed oats mushrooms are very healthy and here its absolutetly oil-free, gluten-free, vegan recipe! They are very easy to pop into your mouth and wonderful finger foods for parties instead of the regular fried stuff! Here I'm presenting jain and veg version.
- 8 large button mushrooms de-stemmed with only the stalks diced
- 4 tomatoes 1/2 of the top and bottom sliced off to form 8 caps, remaining tomato diced
- 1 Tbsp oats
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 green chilli diced, optional
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- A pinch of oregano
- Without oil, saute the diced tomatoes. When it becomes soft, add the diced mushroom stalks and salt to release the water.
- Add the oats and cook until the mixture forms a paste.
- Add coriander leaves, salt, black pepper, green chilli and oregano; cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Lay the mushroom heads upside down and heap with the oats mixture as a stuffing. Top each with a tomato cap.
- Place the mushroom in a frying pan with a lid.
- Sprinkle some water and cover with a tight lid so it cooks in its own steam. Put heat on low and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tomato tops are mildly cooked.
Serve hot as a appetizer garnished with fresh green coriander leaves!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!