Sprouted Moong Salad
Sprout lentil (dal) salad is a colorful, refreshing, nourishing dish, a good source of protein and calcium. This salad can be served as a light lunch. This is an easy recipe to prepare.
- 1-1/2 cup sprouted moong
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 orange separated into slices
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped hara dhania)
- 1 seeded green chili chopped optional
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tso salt
- 1 tsp ground roasted cumin seed jeera
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp yogurt optional for vegan
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cook the sprouts with salt and ¼ cup water in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and cook two minutes. Cover the pan for three to four minutes. Drain off any liquid.
- Let the sprouts cool to room temperature and add the dressing.
- In a serving dish arrange tomatoes, cucumber, and oranges. Top with the spiced sprouts.
- Garnish with cilantro and green chili.
How to make sprouts Soak the whole moong ten to twelve hours in four parts water. (Soaking will double the volume of the moong). Line a colander from the moong and loosely wrap the beans in the muslin cloth. Store the soaked beans in a warm dark place for a day or two (a closed, unheated oven, for example, or on the countertop covered with a heavy cloth) until sprouted. Suggestions Sprouts can be refrigerated for four to five days. Sprouts salad makes a good lunch to take to the office or school.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!