Spring Quinoa Fruit Salad
Spring Quinoa Fruit Salad just perfect for the start of Spring! This is a vibrant, fresh fruit salad with quinoa and homemade ginger and lemon dressing. It is the perfect go-to recipe if you are looking for something simple, light and refreshing in this warmer weather. The quinoa and fruit make it a healthy choice for those who want to eat clean. It also makes for a beautiful presentation, with the watermelon, mangoes, and avocado!
- 2 cup spring salad this is mix of several greens
- 1/3 cup quinoa cooked quinoa is cooked just like rice
- 1 cup watermelon cut into byte size cubes
- 1 cup mango cut into byte size cubes
- 1/2 cup cucumber cut into byte size cubes
- 1/2 avocado cut in small pieces
- 1 Tbsp vinegar I am using rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger juice*
- For dressing: add all the dressing ingredients together mix it well making sure sugar is dissolved. Set aside. * To make ginger juice shred the ginger using fine shredder or zester and squeeze the juice with fingers.
- Cook the quinoa like rice 1-part quinoa to 2 parts of water. After quinoa and water comes to boil reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until all the water has been absorbed, this will take about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a salad bowl layered all the ingredients, spread the greens, watermelon, mango n cucumber, avocado sprinkle the quinoa and drizzle the salad dressing.
Suggestions: use your choice of fruits, salad measurements are just for suggestion, Quinoa, can be prepared in advance, I make quinoa always extra and I use the quinoa with almost every salad I make. Salad dressing also can be prepare in advance, this is very light dressing. I make this dressing in large quantity, I always have ready to use.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!