Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Spicy Sweet Potatoes and Yams is a delicious dish that makes a great appetizer. This can also be served as a snack with tea. Sweet potatoes spiced up with lemon and ginger juice makes a mouth-watering dish.
Recipe serves 4.
- 2 medium boiled sweet potatoes
- 2 medium boiled red sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp ginger juice
- ½ tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ tsp black salt
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper (adjust to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp roasted ground cumin seed
- 1 minced green chili (adjust to taste)
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
Boil the sweet potatoes, don’t over cook.
Peel the skin and slice them 1/8 inch thick, it’s easy to slice after potatoes are cooled off.
Mix all the spices with ginger juice and lemon juice.
Spread the sweet potato slices over a plate.
Spread few drops of spice mix over every piece.
Stack the sweet potatoes slices over red sweet potatoe slices provides nice color white over dark pink.
Garnish them with minced green chili and chopped cilantro.
Serve them at room temperature.
- They can be prepared day before, garnish them just before serving.
- If you prefer mild take out the seeds from green chili before mincing.
- It is ok to use just white or red sweet potatoes.