Spicy Corn (Tasty Snack)
Spicy Corn is a very enjoyable snack and not only that, but this is a quick and easy recipe to make. Make it as spicy or as mild as your heart desires. Best of all, you can also serve this as a side dish. Enjoy the spicy corn for a beautiful picnic or outdoor get together. You can also serve this over crisp slices of bread.
- 2 cup corn kernels I am using frozen corn, you can use fresh
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin seeds roasted, bhuna jeera
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green chili finely chopped, adjust to taste
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup cream cheese soft
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Use the flat bottom-heavy frying pan, lightly oil it and heat over medium high heat, put the corn kernels and stir fry for 4-5 minutes stirring continuously. While stir frying kernels will be getting some light and some dark brown color, some of the kernels will pop like you are grilling.
- Turn off the heat, and add salt, cumin seed powder, cilantro, green chili, red bell pepper, lemon juice, and cream cheese mix it well. Sprinkle feta cheese.
- Spicy corn taste best when it is served warm but can be served at room temperature.
Calories: 153kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 607mgPotassium: 152mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 560IUVitamin C: 14.1mgCalcium: 63mgIron: 0.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!