Recipe submitted by Siminder Kaur
Spicy Coconut lemonade is a refreshing twist over the traditional lemonade infused with spicy flavors. It’s a drink best associated with the summer months and a favorite among all age groups.
- Coconut water – 500 ml
- Fresh Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Fresh lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh cilantro – a few sprigs
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Ground Black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Red paprika – ¼ teaspoon
- Black salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Squeeze juice out of fresh shredded ginger.
- Muddle cilantro in a drink shaker to get the juice and the flavors out of it.
- Combine coconut water, ginger juice, lime juice, honey, black pepper, paprika, black salt and ground cumin powder in the shaker and mix well.
- The quantity of the ingredients can be fine-tuned according to one’s liking with a taste test.
- Pour the drink mix over ice cubes. Garnish with a lime wedge.
You can garnish the drink with fresh chopped coconut pieces to enhance the coconut flavor.