Sorghum Jowar Dosa
Sorghum Jowar Dosa a tasty twist to Rava Dosa. Lately, I am trying gluten free recipes and exploring the grains I rarely used. Sorghum Dosa is one of those recipes. This is a good alternative to regular dosa it is quick and easy to make. Sorghum Dosa batter does not need to be fermented. Sorghum dosa also vegan and gluten free. It is crispy and has a lacy look like Rava Dosa. You can serve this with traditional Samber and coconut Chutney or serve for a snack with cilantro Chutney. This recipe will serve 3.
- ½ cup sorghum Jowar flour
- ¼ cup rice flour Chawal ka atta
- ½ tsp cumin seed jeera
- ⅛ tsp asafetida hing
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro hara dhania
- 1 ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp of oil for cooking dosa
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, sorghum flour ( Jowar), rice flour, cumin seeds, asafetida, salt, black pepper.
- Add water slowly to make a thin batter and avoiding any lumps. Batter should have pouring consistency like buttermilk. Let the batter stand for about 30 minutes.
- Before making dosa add cilantro. Mix it well.
- Heat the skillet on medium high. To check if the skillet is ready sprinkle a few drops of water over the skillet water should sizzle. Wipe the skillet with few drops of oil.
- Pour the batter with a ladle, keep the ladle about 4 inches high from the skillet in a circular motion starting from the center. Keep pouring the batter till it is the size you will like the dosa. Notes: dosa will no be perfectly round.
- Do not try to spread the batter, Dosa should have holes like swiss cheese or have lacy look.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil around dosa.
- Cook Dosa over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until Dosa becomes golden brown. Turn the Dosa using spatula.
- Let Dosa cook for about 1 minute from another side. Dosa will be golden brown on one side and light color on other side. Thin and crispy Sorghum Dosa is ready to serve.
- Dosa has a look of Rava dosa but Sorghum Dosa is also gluten free and vegan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!