Roasted Chickpeas is one of my favorite (and easy to make) snacks. This makes little snacks for 2-6 people. They are very good and the spicy crunchy contrast is delicious. I am sure you will love it too!
Yields: 1-1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups (or 1 can) chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit and grease a cookie sheet or line with foil.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, removing as many of the skins as possible, or use chickpeas that have been soaked overnight.
- Melt the coconut oil and toss the chickpeas with the oil and spices.
- Spread onto the cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir the chickpeas and bake for another 12-16 minutes or until they are fully roasted and crunchy.
- Remove and let cool before eating. Once cooled, they can be store in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Olive oil can also be used if coconut oil is unavailable. Enjoy!