Rava ladoo is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet. This is a popular ladoo prepared almost in every household for all the festivals. Rava ladoo is a simple and easy recipe but still exotic. Rava ladoo is made with roasted rava (sooji), coconut, ghee, sugar and nuts.
- 1 cup sooji coarse rava, samolina
- 1/3 cup coconut powder
- 1/4 cup clarified butter ghee
- 3/4 cup fine sugar
- 2 tbsp cashew crushed
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 cup milk boiling hot
- Heat one tablespoon of clarified butter in a small pan over medium low heat; roast the cashews for about 2 minutes until light golden brown. Add raisins and roast for another minute, raisins will be puffed. Turn off the heat and transfer them in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining clarified butter in a frying pan over low medium heat; add rava and roast until it changes the color lightly this should take 6-7 minutes. It is important to stir continuously making sure rava roast evenly.
- Add coconut and roast stirring continually for about 2 more minutes. Add nuts, cardamom, and sugar stir until everything mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of hot milk, mix it well mix should be moist add more milk as needed.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Make about 14 ladoos little smaller then golf ball, pressing about 1-1/2 tablespoon mixture between your palms. Add little more milk if you are enable to hold the mixture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!