Recipe by Harshitha Sanmathi
When I was searching for different recipes i came across with quiche recipe with crescent rolls and i wanted make quiche in an Indian style. As potato was a main ingredient for this contest it inspired me more, to try my own invention of quiche Indian style recipe which I am presenting to you all. You all must try this out.
Serves 12 people
time 20-25 minutes
- 12 Pastry sheets
- 5-6 Potato
- 4-5 table spoon of Oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup frozen Spinach or fresh spinach(finely chopped and fried in a 1 table spoon of oil)
- 1 tbs of coriander powder
- 1 tbs of jeera powder
- 1 tbs of chili powder
- 1 cup finely chopped Onion
- pinch of chat masala
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray/oil.
- Boiled the potatoes until they are soft and let cool.
- Peel and smash the potatoes.
- To the smashed potatoes add coriander, jeera, red chili powder and chat masala.
- Add onion and spinach to this mixture. Mix well.
- Fold the pastry sheet from top to bottom, bringing together the two opposite ends.
- Again Fold them from side to side, bringing together the two opposite ends.
- Now place folded pastry on coated muffin tin cups and Fill with 1 or 2 tablespoon of the potato filling. You can fill all the way up to the top.
- Repeat with the other sheet of puff pastry.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese on top of fillings.
- Bake for about twenty minutes or until a pastry turns golden brown.
- Take out from the oven and serve hot with sauce or mint chutney.
- Filling can be changed according to your taste.
- You can make custard and dry nuts filling (fill 1 or 2 tablespoons of custard in pastry sheets and add finely chopped nuts (kismis, pista, almond, cashews) and bake it.