Potato Curry With Yogurt
This recipe consists of potatoes combined with a creamy yogurt gravy. Tastes great with puris.
- 2 large boiled potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 2 tsp besan gram flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp yogurt dani, curd
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp green chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp doriander powder dhania
- 1/2 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/2 tsp peprika
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped hara dhania
- 1-1/2 cup water use as needed
- Boil the potatoes until they are tender. Peel and cut them in bite size pieces.
- Mix the yogurt, ginger, green chilies, turmeric powder, coriander powder and paprika into a paste. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready. Add the cumin seeds and asafetida. After the cumin seeds crack, add the bay leaf and besan (gram flour). Stir for about half a minute until the besan (gram flour) is golden-brown.
- Add the yogurt paste and stir-fry for about 2 minutes on medium heat until the paste starts leaving the oil from the sides.
- Add about one cup of water. After the gravy boils, let it cook on low-medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Adjust the water in gravy to your liking.dd the potatoes and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and salt and continue to cook for a few minutes. Serve with any kind of bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!