Potato and Cauliflower Gnocchi
Gnocchi (pronounced No-chee) is a classic Italian dish. This vegan and gluten free Gnocchi is made with potato and Cauliflower. I have topped it off with a pear sauce to add my own twist to the recipe. This is Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, this recipe is absolutely mouth-watering. This dish was a request from my granddaughter and I’m so glad I gave it a try.
- 2 cup cauliflower florets approximately
- 1 cup potatoes boiled, peeled and shredded
- 2 Tbsp corn starch arrow root
- 2 Tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil
For Pear Sauce
- 1 pear peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp black paper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger paste
To make the Pear Sauce
- Heat the pan on low medium heat, I prefer nonstick pan, cook all the sauce ingredients together, olive oil, pear, sugar, black pepper, salt, lemon juice, ginger, mix it well and cook over medium high heat.
- Keep stirring until sugar is melted and start caramelizing while stirring keep scraping the sides. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Caramelize sugar has nice aroma and gives sauce a good golden color. Transfer to small bowl and mash it.
To make Gnocchi (NOK-EE)
- Make sure remove the stems, boiled them till they are tender, drain the water squeeze the cauliflower to remove the access water, and pat dry.
- In a bowl add the cauliflower and potatoes and mash it well, add corn starch, rice flour, salt, black pepper, and ginger paste, mix it well, and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal parts and roll them in one-inch calendar shape, if it is sticking to surface sprinkle some rice flour this will help rolling.
- Take the sharp knife and slice them about half inch thick
- Heat the non-stick flat frying pan over medium heat and oil it generously. Spread the Gnocchi do not overcrowd them it will be hard to flip, wait for about two minutes and turn them over, they should be light golden brown, and cook from other side same, Gnocchi should be golden brown both sides.
- Serve them pear sauce,
It is important to pat dry the cauliflower or air dry.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Originally posted 2019-01-20 22:08:30.