Recipe submitted by Shweta Agarwal
Pinwheel sandwiches are a bright idea for picnic baskets, birthday parties and even lunch boxes. They are wonderful and tasty little sandwiches which are absolute delights. If you have school friends coming over, or taking a long road trip these are perfect for that or any other occasion. But the best part is that it can be made a day or two in advance and refrigerated so it saves you the last minute rush. One can fill in peas, cottage cheese, potatoes and for sweet tooth jam or chocolate spread.
- 1 packet of large bread
- 1 boiled potato mashed
- ½ cup of peas boiled and mashed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder –adjust to taste
- 1/2cumin (jeera)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Cut the crust or sides of bread. With the help of rolling pin roll the bread such that it is flat.
- Heat oil in the pan and add cumin
- When cumin crackles add in it potato, peas, salt, chili powder, dry mango powder and chopped coriander. Let mixture cool down.
- Take bread slice and spread on it the filling (do not spread thick layer)
- Roll it in the shape of log and cover it with silver foil and refrigerate till (this will help it to take the shape).
- Just before serving take the foil out and cut them into pieces.