Recipe submitted by Megha Sharma
Phalahari Aloobade are Potato dumplings dipped in flour batter and deep fried.
Fasting season is on these days. What to make during fasting could be a big question. Why not be innovative and think something other than traditional items such as sabudana khichdi this time. I am sharing this tasty recipe which will surely win you praise from everyone. Try this and share your experience.
- 4 Big Potatoes Boiled
- 1 Cup Roasted Peanuts Powdered
- 1 Cup Singhare (Water Chestnut) Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rajgira (amaranthus) Flour
- Black Pepper as required
- Sendha namak (Rock Salt) as required
- 2-3 Green Chillis
- Freshly Cut Coriander Leaves
- Take a bowl and mix boiled potatoes, peanut powder, green chilis, coriander leaves, salt and black pepper together
- Now make round balls of this mixture as shown in the picture
- Take another bowl and mix the flours and add some water to make a smooth paste, add salt and black pepper as per your taste
- Heat up oil in a deep frying pan
- Dip the round balls in the flour mix to coat them and deep fry them till golden brown
- Serve these hot with yogurt/ curd/ dahi along with green chutney made of sendha namak.