Paneer bhurji is a delightful and spicy paneer dish. Paneer bhurji is a quick and easy recipe to make, made from crumbled paneer simmered in spicy tomato gravy. Paneer bhurji tastes great with roti, paratha, or even with regular bread! This is also makes a good stuffing for dosas or vegetable Frankie rolls.
Recipe will serve 2.
- 1 cup paneer cut in small pieces
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas, I am using frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Soak the paneer in hot water with 1/4 teaspoon of salt for five minutes. Drain the water and crumbled the paneer. This process will make the paneer soft, if you are using the fresh paneer skip this step. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in sauce pan over medium heat; after oil is moderately hot add cumin seeds.
- After the seeds crack add green peas, and green chili stir for about one minute. Add tomatoes, coriander, salt, sugar and red chili powder, stir and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes till the tomatoes and peas becomes soft.
- Add paneer stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Don’t cook the paneer for a long time as paneer will lose the softness. If it is too dry add few spoons of water. Lastly add chopped coriander leaves to paneer bhurji and mix.
- Serve paneer bhurji with rotis, plain parathas or with a toast.
Notes, if you are using the paneer bhurji for stuffing then don’t the water, bhurji should be dry in texture.
31 thoughts on “Paneer Bhurji”
This paneer-bhurji recipe is looking so delicious. I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing this post
I like egg bhurgi and now I would also like to have a try for Paneer Bhurji
Tried my first paneer recipe. Came out excellent. Thank you mam.. very simple and delicious.
looks yummy!! nice recipe
Is there any specific reason for not putting onion in it??
Shall I add one?
I don’t use onion in my cooking this is just a personal choice.
Your recipes are very nice .
Rajni, Thank you
Hi Manjula Ji…or OK recipes r superb n yummy…tnx fr sharing mammals.
Hello Manjula !! All Your Recipes Are Awesome! thanks For This Awesome Blog!
Zomato, Thank you
Manjulaji, this recipe is so quick, easy, and delicious! My husband and I love your recipes and enjoy watching your videos… you have such a warm and caring presence….thank you!
Asha, Thank you
Thanks ma’m for sharing such a nice recipe….I have tried it yesterday n for my surprise it comes so tasty…I have used onions in my paneer burji.
Manjula mam I like ur all recipes. Paneer bhurji is so simple n tasty. Thank u for sharing.my hubby n kids love Paneer bhurji.
ur recipes too gd
Looking yummy I like this recipe I am hungry.. Thanks for sharing this nice post.
I love all your recipes. I have made quite a few so far and my Indian husband loves them. I just wish the written directions would match the steps in the video.
Thank you for sharing these recipes
Emma, thank you I have to be more careful, I will appreciate any time you see mistake or inconsistency please let me know.
Looks yumm. Why did we add sugar to this??
Hi Manjula ji, Thanks for this awesome Paneer Bhurji Recipe…. Thanks – Priyanka – http://www.indeliciousway.com
how many calories in it
is it cheddar cheese
FoZia adnan, no it paneer Indian cheese available in Indian grocery stores
Paneen is collage cheese
Paneen is cottage cheese
This looks so delcious Aunty! Could I substitute tofu in place of the paneer?
Thank you for all your amazing recipes!
Yes, you can use soft Tofu
Vijeta, use firm tofu just crumble it and stir fry for about 2 minutes before adding.
Nice recepie maam…ill surely try this at home….a good substitute of egg bhurji…
You must log in to post a comment.