Vegetable Kathi roll
Vegetable Kathi Rolls are a popular Mumbai street food. Vegetable Kathi rolls are the perfect meal for any time. These are also a great vegan treat. This recipe is super easy to put together and it makes for the perfect lunchbox or tiffin meal. Also, this is my version of Spring Roll.
For Kathi roll
- 2 uncooked tortilla
- 2 tsp oil to cook the tortillas
- About 20 spinach leaves cut into 2-3 pieces
- ½ cup red bell pepper thinly sliced and remove the seeds
- 1 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- ¼ cup carrots shredded
- ½ cup cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp ginger juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil optional
- 3 whole red chilies
- Remove the seeds from red chili and soak in 2 tablespoons of hot water for few minutes. Blend all the ingredients together except peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger juice, sugar, lime juice, and sesame oil. After spices are blended to paste add peanut butter and blend enough to mix t well. Note: don’t over blend peanut butter will leave the oil.
- Check if the salt is needed, soy sauce is quite salty.
- Heat the skillet over medium high, lightly oil the skillet, place the tortilla over skillet for about half a minute, it will change in the color lightly and puff different places. Flip the tortilla over, and lightly brush the oil, flip it again and lightly brush the tortilla. tortilla should have light golden color on both sides.
- Remove the tortilla from the skillet, make both tortilla same way. And set it aside. You can cook the tortillas in advance.
Assembling the Frankie
- Take one tortilla and put it over a flat surface. Spread about 2 tablespoons of peanut sauce over tortilla, leaving 1/2 inch around. Center of the tortilla spread the vegetables moderately, spinach, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, cabbage, and cilantro. Roll them tightly like burrito.
- Use extra peanut sauce as a dip.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!