Mushroom with peas
Mushroom with peas is a great side dish consisting of mushrooms and peas in a spiced tomato curry with a touch of fenugreek leaves.
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup green peas, I am using frozen green peas
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp shredded ginger
- 2 tbsp fenugreek chooped leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cuminseeds jeera
- 1/2 tsp turmeric haldi
- 2 tsp coriander powder dhania
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready. Add the cumin seeds. As cumin seeds crack add turmeric. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, salt, coriander, and chili powder. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and reduce to half.
- Add mushrooms, and peas. After coming to a boil reduce the heat to medium.
- Add fenugreek leaves after mushrooms have cooked half the way about 4 minutes. Cook until mushrooms and peas are tender. Close the heat.
- Add lemon juice and green chili if you like. Serve hot.
Notes: Dicing the tomatoes will give a different texture to the curry then tomato puree. Fenugreek leaves can be replaced with chopped cilantro (hara dhaniya). To add heat to this dish, garnish with finely chopped green chilies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!