Mushroom Sesame Fingers are a great choice for a light, crispy and low-fat appetizer. Prepare it in advance whenever there’s a party, and store it in the oven. Reheat for 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Equipment and Utensils:
- Fry pan
- Flat metal/wood spoon
- Flat griddle pan
- 150 grams (1 cup) Button Mushrooms
- 35 grams (1/2 cup) Cheese grated
- 3 Bread Slices
- 15 grams (1/4 cup) Sesame Seeds
- 10 grams (4 to 5 flakes) Garlic finely chopped
- 5 grams (3-4 small) Fresh Red Chilies finely chopped
- 5 grams (10-12) Basil Leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Paper Powder
- 4 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- Chop mushrooms finely.
- Put 1 teaspoon oil in a frying pan and keep it on medium flame.
- When oil is smoking hot, add chopped garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped chilies and chopped mushrooms.
- Fry till all water evaporates from mushrooms and mixture becomes dry.
- Now add chopped basil leaves and cheese.
- Lower the flame and fry for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame.
- Season the mixture with salt and paper.
- Let it cool down.
- Now put 1 teaspoon oil on a flat griddle pan and keep it on low flame.
- Divide the cooled mixture into 3 equal parts.
- Take 1 slice of bread. Spread 1 part of the mixture evenly on the bread.
- Now sprinkle sesame seeds on the mixture and press down to make the seeds stick.
- Place this slice on a griddle with seeds facing down.
- Press with flat spoon, and fry till sesame seeds turn golden brown.
- Now flip the side and fry the bread side till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Fry both sides on low flame; it will take 5-6 minutes.
- When bread becomes crispy, remove it from griddle and cut it into 5 pieces.
- Do the same procedure for other 2 slices.
- Serve hot with pudina chutney or tomato sauce.
Total Calories: 569.12 Kcal
Fat: 39.54 gm
Protein: 19.04 gm
Carbohydrates: 43.98 gm
Fiber: 4.36 gm
Zinc: 1.65 mg