Corn and mushroom in tomato and spicy cashew gravy makes a delicious main dish. Cashews add a creamy and rich texture to the dish. This is a quick and easy recipe. This goes well with any Indian flat bread or plain rice.
Recipe will serve 2-3.
- 3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup corn kernel/ bhuta ka dana (I am using frozen corn kernels)
- 1/4 cup cashews (kaju)
- 2 cup tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chili chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida (hing)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch)
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped (hara dhania)
- Approx. 1-1/2 cups water
- Blend the tomatoes, cashews, ginger and green chili to make creamy paste. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
- Add cumin seeds, asafetida as cumin seeds crack add tomato paste.
- Next add coriander; red chili powder, turmeric and salt. Lower the heat to medium and cook the spice mix for about 4-5 minutes until mix start leaving the side of the pan.
- Add corn and mushrooms, mix it well and add about 1-1/2 cups of water. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Corn and mushrooms should be tender and gravy should be thick in consistency.
- Mushroom Corn Curry is ready serve hot with Roti or plain rice.