Recipe submitted by Roxanne
This is my recipe by Ratatouille. My two-step process may seem like overkill to you, but the trick is to get the veggies so melty and herb-infused that an eggplant hater can’t detect the texture and falls in love with the flavor. Simmering on the stove-top just doesn’t quite do it.
- 2-3 cups eggplant (chopped)
- 2-3 cups Zucchini (chopped)
- 2-3 cups Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- Italian flat leaf parsley (half bunch)
- Basil, thyme, rosemary, and garlic – season to your taste
- 1 large can diced tomatoes and one small can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 – 1 cup crimini mushrooms – whole
- 1/2 – 1 cup carrots (chopped)
- lemon zest
- Chop everything and combine the veggies (with the can of diced tomatoes) in a Big Deep Saucepan with the herbs (except the parsley).
- Cover and simmer until al dente.
- Stir in the tomato paste and parsley.
- Pour the whole mix into a deep baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake in 375 F oven for about 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake until the parm is bubbling.