Mango Shrikhand is a refreshing yogurt based sweet dish. Shrikand with mango makes it a very delicious dessert. This exotic dessert is easy to prepare and Shrikhand is often served with poori.
- 3 cup yogurt (curd or dahi)
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1/3 cup fine sugar approx, use as needed
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom
- 1/4 cup mango cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp sliced pistachios pista
- Preparing yogurt – Put a muslin or cheese cloth over a strainer. Pour the yogurt over muslin cloth. Place a bowl underneath the strainer to collect the excess water.
- Next gently squeeze the excess water from yogurt. Make sure not to squeeze out the yogurt.
- Move the yogurt with strainer and bowl into the refrigerator for at about four hours to drain excess water. Occasionally squeeze the excess water.
- Yogurt will become thick in consistency, like a cheese ball.
- Add mango pulp, sugar, and cardamom powder to yogurt and mix well till sugar dissolves.
- Chill the shrikhand before serving.
- Garnish with mango pieces, and pistachios.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!