Lauki Vadi Ki Sabji
Laucki is also known as Bottle gourd. This is a healthy and wholesome lentil and vegetable main dish. I like making Lauki as it is mild in taste and easy to digest. I usually will serve this with plain rice or rotis.
- 4 cup laucki
bottle gourd, peeled and cut into byte size cubes
- 1/3 cup
moong dal vadi
broken into small pieces
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1 tbsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup water
- I am using instant pot; I am using the instant pot instead of pressure-cooker. Not
for saving time but ease of use.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in instant pot on sautéed mode. Oil should be moderately hot, add moong dal vadi stir-fry till they are light golden brown this should take about 1
minute. take out the vadies from instant pot.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, in instant pot keeping on sautéed mode oil should be moderately hot and add cumin seeds. When seeds start to crack, add the asafetida, stir and add tomato puree, ginger, coriander powder, turmeric, salt and chili powder and cook stirring occasional till spice mix start leaving the oil.
- Add bottle gourd, vadies and 1/2 cup of water. Change the setting to pressure cook on high mode. Set the time for 6 minutes. (At this time instant pot is working just like pressure cooker, it will take same time building the pressure and after cooking releasing the pressure as pressure cooker, advantage is you can take care other work you have to do or even if you have to go out.)
- Open the instant pot when you are ready. After you open the instant pot adjust the water if you need more, add garam masala.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!