Recipe submitted by Dhanya Keloth
Kerala Spiced Buttermilk (also known as Sambaram) is a real summer thirst quencher. Try it today and cool off from the heat.
- Chilled Yogurt – 2cups
- Water – 1/2cup
- Salt – 1/2 -3/4th tsp or according to taste
- Ginger – 1 tbsp chopped
- Green chilly -1 small chopped
- Curry leaves around 20 leaves(not sprig)
- Lemon juice -1/2 tsp
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Roughly chop curry leaves and green chilly .Crush them along with chopped ginger using mortar and pestle
- Mix 2 cups of yogurt, salt and 1/2 cup of water
- Add the crushed ingredients(curry leaves, ginger and green chilly)
- Whisk them well using a hand-held whisk
- Strain it and serve with a piece of lemon .
- Just before drinking squeeze the lemon on top.
- Add couple of ice cubes
wow! the yummy buttermilk is now ready