Kamal Kakdi Ki Chaat
Kamal Kakdi Chaat is a truly unique and tasty dish. I wanted to make something new and delicious but also healthy and easy to make. kamal kakdi, is an edible lotus root that has a crunchy texture and slightly sweet taste. After doing some research, I was surprised at how much nutrients kamal kakdi has. I was excited to try out a spicy chat recipe using it. An added plus is that this recipe requires no frying and is a nice healthy savory snack. My family really enjoyed this new dish! Hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy!This recipe will serve 6.
- 2 cup sliced lotus stem I am using frozen, Kamal Kakdi
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger thinly sliced, adrak
- ½ tsp cumin seeds jeera
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper kali mirch
- 1 tsp green chili finely chopped, Hari mirch
- ½ tsp lemon juice
Also Need for Serving
- ½ cup whipped yogurt for serving
- 2 Tbsp tamarind chutney please add the link check the recipe
- pressure cook the Kamal Kakdi in an instant pot for five minutes in two cups of water. I also drained the water. Kamal Kakdi should be tender. Notes: you can also, use the pressure cooker and cook at the same time, or you can also cook in a pot for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and pat dry.
- In a frying pan heat the oil over low medium heat. Add the oil, oil should be just warm add sliced ginger. Stir fry for about 2 minutes and take it out in a bowl. I will use this ginger later for garnishing. Note: I feel adding ginger later it gives a nice kick to chaat.
- Use the same pan and it already has some left-over oil. Oil should be moderately hot, add cumin seeds. As cumin seeds crack add kamal kakdi, stir and sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Stir fry for one minute add about 1 teaspoon of chopped green chiles and lemon juice stir fry for about 2 minutes, turn off the heat. Kamal Kakdi is ready to be served.
- Plating the chaat, drizzle yogurt over kamal kakdi also drizzle tamarind chutney. And finish it off with some green chilies and roasted ginger.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!