Kachori topped with Kadhi
Kachori topped with Kadhi this is a Rajasthani specialty that is simply delicious. There are times that we like to indulge ourselves or want to make a special treat for guests, but there is not enough time in the day to prepare such dishes. For times like this, I like to make semi-homemade recipes. This dish is perfect for this and can be presented beautifully.
- 4 peices Dal Kachori Using frozen Kachori, which are readily available in Indian grocery stores.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup besan gram flour
- 2 Tbsp oil canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds mathi
- 1/2 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped, hara dhania
- 1/4 tsp gram masala
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp ginger thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp green chilies thinly sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For garnishing mix all the ingredients together before we start the Kadhi, this will get enough time to marinate ginger and green chili. Set aside.
- Mix besan and turmeric with yogurt until smooth, this should be lump free. Add three cups of water slowly and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seeds crack right away, the oil is ready. Add cumin seeds and asafetida.
- When the cumin seeds crack, turn off the heat and add fenugreek seeds, and red chili powder. Stir for a few seconds. Add the yogurt mixture and turn the heat to medium. Keep stirring until the kadhi comes to a boil.
- Add remaining water and let it come to boil. Add salt. Turn the heat to medium low. Let the kadhi cook about 20-30 minutes, stir occasionally. If needed to adjust thickness, add boiled water. Kadhi should be pourable consistency. Add garam masala, and cilantro, mix and turn off the heat.
- While the Kadhi is cooking bake, or fry the kachories per the instructions on the box. I have baked the kachori. Let them cool of then break it open.
- Serve Kadhi over Kachori and garnish with marinated green chili and ginger pieces.
Instead of frozen kachori, you can also make these fresh Kachori at home using my recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!