Idli Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish, and made several different ways. Idli Manchurian is a super delicious appetizer or main dish. I prepare this dish when I have leftover idlies. Idli Manchurian satisfies your savory and spicy cravings!
- 4 idlies I am using left over idlies, I do have the recipe for idli
- 2 cups sliced yellow and green bell pepper use any color bell pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil for stir-frying idlies and bell pepper
- 6 whole red chilies
- 2 Tbsp oil canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste or finely grated ginger adrak
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch or arrow root powder
- 1 cup water
- Boil the red chilies in about 1/2 cup of water until they are tender. Let them cool off. In a blender blend all the sauce ingredients together oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, tomato paste, sugar, and corn starch if needed add more water.
- Boil the sauce over medium heat. Sauce should be pouring consistency. Set aside.
- Cut the idlies into bite size pieces, I have cut the idlies in 6 pieces. Heat the oil in frying pan over medium high heat. Add idlies and sprinkle the salt. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until idlies are lightly golden brown, take them out and set aside.
- In the same pan stir fry bell pepper 2-3 minutes, do not overcook the bell pepper, they taste better when they are still crisp. Add the stir-fry idlies to bell peppers. Pour the sauce and stir gently making sure idlies are coated well. Turn off the heat.
- Idli Manchurian is ready. Take them out in a serving bowl.
Manchurian makes a delicious lunch box meal. Also, try Gobi Manchurian, Masala Idli, and Rava Idli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
13 thoughts on “Idli Manchurian”
I tried this recipe for party and it was much appreciated If you do not eat too much spice make it with Kashmiri chillies. I used 5 kashmiri chillies and 1 red chilli and it was too spicy for us
I tried this dish this Raksha Bandhan, it was awesome.
Excellent recipes, thnx
I really want to make it.
I really want to make it. It sounds great and tasty. I am not good at cooking and this may be a challenge with me
It’s really delicious
Super Recipe. Good use of Idli when idli’s are prepared extra.
Simply superb recipe!
The way you’re presenting is pucca.
Keep up the good work Mam!
For the first time I am hearing this dish. Its look like very tasty. This week we are planning to prepare at our home. And we will update soon regarding taste.
You must log in to post a comment.