My favorite way to have corn is grilled. However, sometimes grilling corn takes a lot of time, with the set up and preparation. This is an easy and no mess recipe. This is a delicious simple twist on the traditional grilled corn on the cob.
Recipe will serve 4.
- 4 ears corn, husked and silky thread remove
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- Remove the kernels from corn, it is easy to do, tear the husk off, and then run the knife downwards to remove the kernels.
- Coat the flat bottom heavy frying pan with oil and heat over medium high heat, put the corn kernels and stir fry for 4-5 minutes stirring continuously.
- While stir frying kernels will be getting some light and some dark brown color, some of the kernels will pop like you are grilling.
- When the kernels are similar in color turn off the heat, and add salt, black pepper, lemon juice, and ginger mix it well.
- You will be amazed by the taste. They match the taste of corn grilled over charcoal, without even preparing the grill.
9 thoughts on “Grilled Corn off the Cob (Bhutta/Makai)”
Great helping material! Everything is very open with a clear explanation of the info. It was definitely unique and informative for everyone. Your site is very helpful. Many thanks for sharing such info like this!
Manjula Auntie, thanks a lot for this wonderful recipe. Can I store them? If so, for how many days can I store them?
Akshatha, taste best just after grilling but next day taste great
Really ur recipes are so amazing .. I ever try many recipe’s of urs .. We love it .. Thanxx
This is just wonderful. I have not yet tried it, but I like your innovation and convenient way of making this snack. Thank you.
Can I please replace it with frozen corn kernel as fresh is not available at my place.
Shraddy, ti will not be the same, but still should be good.
My family loved it. Thank you.
You must log in to post a comment.