Galaxy Mini Pizzas are an extremely easy to make snack that is an instant hit at parties with adults and kids alike.
Servings – 12
Ingredients: (Pastry Pizza Base)
- 220 gms all purpose flour
- 110 gms butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- water to knead
Ingredients: (Pizza Sauce)
- 5 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 200 gms Tomato Puree
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes – finely chopped
- 1 Onion – finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano
- 3 Cloves Garlic – minced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 100 gms grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley to decorate
- For the pastry dough, rub the flour with the butter and flour till a breadcrumb texture is formed, add the salt and water and knead into a dough. Cover with moist cloth/cling film and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, Saute the onion and garlic till light brown. Add in the fresh tomatoes, puree and oregano and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Add sugar, salt and pepper.
- Take the pastry dough from the fridge and roll the pasty dough into a rectangle (approx. 40cm by 20cm).
- Spread the Pizza sauce and grated cheese on the dough base and roll into a long cylinder. Seal the ends.
- Cut into 1 inch slices and place on a baking tray. Slightly flatten the rolls with he back of a Paddle/spoon.
- Cook in a preheat oven for 20-25 minutes till light brown.
- Serve hot decorated with fresh herbs.