This is my recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Muffins. I made this recipe into vegan by substituting eggs and butter. It is a very soft and super moist muffin and goes perfect with coffee. It was also moist the next day. This recipe will make 6 regular sized muffins.
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Egg Replacer
- 3 Tbsp Warm Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line 6 cup cake liners on the muffin trays and lightly spray cooking oil spray. Set aside
- Sift together flour, baking soda, ground spices and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg replacer and warm water and beat well until gooey and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together oil, pumpkin puree and sugar and beat well until the sugar is well dissolved and the mixture is shiny
- Add the egg replacer and vanilla and mix until combined
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold it gently. Once the dry is all incorporated, add the chocolate chips and fold it well
- Scoop them evenly onto the muffin cups and tap them gently to release any air bubbles
- Bake in the oven for around 18 – 22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Make sure that you do not prick a chocolate chip as that will be gooey. The toothpick should not have any batter attached to it.
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack for 30 minutes and enjoy!!!
- Be careful when handling the muffins, they are too soft and delicate!!