Eggless pancake are super easy to make and delicious. What better way to start off your day than with “Eggless Pancakes”. These pancakes are light and fluffy. I like to add homemade fresh strawberry sauce as a topping. This was a family favorite when my sons were younger. Now this is my grandkids favorite for breakfast when we have sleep over.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Recipe will serve 4
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoons Baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons Butter for cooking
For Strawberry Sauce
- 2 cups strawberry sliced, use fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
To make Strawberry Sauce
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to boil. Mix the corn starch with about 2 tablespoons of water making smooth paste and add to strawberries. This will make sauce creamy and will give thickness to the sauce. Bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally until sauce thickens slightly. This should take about 5 minutes.
To make Pancake
- Mix milk and yogurt together, set aside,
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in bowl, all purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add the milk and yogurt to the dry ingredients, pancake batter should be pourable consistency. Add butter to batter and mix do not over-mix the batter. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the skillet at medium heat. Grease the skillet, when the skillet is moderately hot pour about ¼ cup of batter. Cook until bubbles appear on the face of the pancake.
- Carefully flip the pancake and cook until its golden brown.
- Top the pancake with hot sauce. Enjoy!
Strawberry sauce is a great sauce for topping waffles, ice cream, cakes and more.
16 thoughts on “Eggless Pancake”
Pls suggest me amount of other ingredients if I use 2 cup of flour
Can curd be used?Is it same as yoghurt?
Bobdin, yes curd and yogurt is same
I made them! They were awesome. I wish I could share a pic too… Although I did add some vanilla essence to it. And instead of strawberries I made a kiwi sauce and topped the stack with some fresh kiwis too. It was yummy
Dhun, thank you,sounds good, I should try with kiwi.
Will homemade clabber works instead of yogurt?
Ireene, I have never tried, if you try I will be interested to know the results
Can we make this recipe with wheat flour instead of all purpose flour
Can honey used instead of strwbery syrup
Can fruit jam b used instead of sauce????
Pooja, your choice
What to be used if we don’t want to use strawberry… … Actually I don’t like strawberry
Then donot make sauce at all. Eat with chocolate sauce or maple syrup.
What can be the replacement for corn starch?
shefali, without corn starch it will work, just syrup will not be thick but taste will be good.
You must log in to post a comment.