Corn Vegetable Soup
Corn Vegetable Soup is a creamy corn soup with vegetables is a great starter for a summer lunch. This delicious shoup can be served hot or cold.Serves 4.
- 2 ¼ cup corn
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 8 to 10 string beans
- 1 small carrot
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds jeera
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice adjust to taste
- Chop cabbage, carrot, and string beans into very small pieces.
- Chop tomato in small pieces and remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Boil the corn in about 1 ½ cups of water until the corn is soft. Remove ¼ cup of corn and set aside.
- Blend the rest of the corn into a paste and strain.
- Mix the cornstarch with ¼ cup of water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
- Now add the cumin seeds. After the cumin seeds crack, add the carrot, cabbage, beans and ¼ cup of water. Cook the vegetables on medium heat until they are tender.
- Next, add the corn paste, corn, cornstarch mixture, and two cups of water to the vegetables. Bring the soup to a boil add tomatoes and lower the heat to medium low. Let the soup cook for another five minutes. Add the lemon juice and serve.
- Corn soup can be refrigerated for about a week and can be frozen for months.
- If you have decided to freeze or refrigerate the soup hold the water you were adding.
- Add the water at the time ready to use the soup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!