Recipe submitted by Sudha
Coconut Sandwich is a simple, yet delicious sandwich recipe that all kids will love to eat.
- 4 Slices of Bread
- 1 Cup Grated Coconut
- Jaggery – Lemon size or according to taste
- 1/2 cup Dry roasted Almonds, Cashew and Raisins
- ½ Tbsp Dry roasted Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coconut water (optional)
- ½ Tbsp Cardamom powder
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 2-3 Tbsp Water
- Crush Jaggery in a bowl. Add 2-3 tbsp. of water and mash it with a fork.
- On a medium or low flame, heat up the jaggery until it is all dissolved.
- Add Cardamom powder and roasted nuts. Stir continuously for a minute.
- Keep flame in medium low. Add grated coconut and coconut water and stir well continuously, until it starts leaving sides of pan.
- Switch of the flame and add roasted sesame seeds .Let it cool
- Spread Ghee on both sides of the bread.
- Toast bread using Bread toaster or in Tawa
- Spread the prepared mixture.
- Garnish with Grated coconut and Almonds.