Recipe submitted by Priya Ravi
This recipe is a delicious chocolate flavored coconut ice cream with crunchy toppings. I made this for my daughter who actually doesnt like coconut milk because she hates the strong aroma from the milk. I used coco powder to bring chocolate flavor and it truly did wonders. Though she recognized the ice cream was made from coconut milk, she happily finished off the bowl as it was chocolate flavored.
- Coconut milk – 440 ml
- Whipping cream – 500 ml
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Coco powder – 40 gm
- Crushed pistachios and walnuts – for topping
- choco chip crunches – for topping
- In a large bowl, mix the icing sugar and coconut milk till there are no lumps and its smooth
- Add the whipping cream to coconut milk and beat for 3-4 mins till rich and creamy
- Refrigerate the above mixture for minimum 2 hrs with lids on
- Take out the bowl and beat the mixture for 3-4 mins and keep it in freezer for 30 mins
- Remove from freezer , beat well and add coco powder . Stir well for 5 mins and freeze the mixture for 30 mins
- Take out the bowl and beat the mixture for 3-4 mins and keep it in freezer as required.
- For serving , top it with crushed pistachios, walnuts and choco chip crunches
- U can add the coco powder even at the beginning along with icing sugar if u have decided to go with chocolate flavour for the whole mixture. Else u can divide the mixture at step 5 into 2 parts and for 1 part u can add the coco powder and for rest, any flavors u like.
- Repeated process of taking out from freezer and beating every 30 mins is to get silky and smooth texture. Do this process for minimum 3 times