Cauliflower pickle is a great condiment to serve with any meal or with sandwiches.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3 green chili sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil or olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower in small florets, (Should be about four cups of cauliflower).
- Wash the cauliflower and pat dry, spread the cauliflower over the towel for at least an hour to air dry, ensuring the cauliflower don’t have any excess water.
- Mix all the ingredients together with the cauliflower and let it marinate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Pickle can be refrigerated for about one week.
Originally posted 2010-06-14 14:01:54.