Cabbage Pakoras or Crispy Cabbage Fritters are a great any time snack. They especially taste delicious when they are served with Chutney and hot cup of tea. They are also easy and quick to make. Surprise your guests and treat them with these mouthwatering crispy cabbage pakoras.
- 3 cup thinly sliced cabbage patta gobhee
- 1 cup besan gram flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 2 tsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder lal mirch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro hara dhania
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced green chilie adjust to taste
- Also need oil to fry
- Combine all the dry ingredients, to cabbage besan, rice flour, cumin seeds, coriander, red pepper, salt, asafetida, cilantro, and green chili in a bowl. Mix it well. Add water as needed, mixture consistency should be of sticky soft dough.
- Heat at least one inch of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. To test, put one drop of batter in the oil. The batter should float and not change color instantly.
- Place about one tablespoon of mix holding with your fingers into the oil. Do not overlap the pakoras.
- Fry the pakoras in small batches; after you turn the pakoras one time press the pakoras lightly.
- This will take five to six minutes per batch. Fry the pakoras, turning occasionally, until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat this process for the remaining batches.
- The crispy, delicious Cabbage Pakoras are now ready to serve.
Tips If the oil is too hot the pakoras will not be crisp; if the oil is not hot enough, the pakoras will be greasy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!