Recipe submitted by Melanie Booth
Butternut Squash Risotto is simple, delicious and easy to prepare recipe that can be served at any time. It can be served with any side of green vegetables.
- 1 butternut squash (Use about 500g of the roasted squash in the risotto)
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 210g risotto rice
- 130ml white wine
- 650ml vegetable stock
- 20g freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the peeled diced butternut squash to a roasting pan, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
- Put in the oven and remove when soft and nicely roasted (about 40 minutes).
- On a medium heat, cook the onion, celery, garlic and fresh thyme in olive oil, extra virgin olive oil and butter until soft.
- Add risotto rice and stir around for a couple of minutes to coat.
- Add the white wine and cook for 5 minutes or until most the wine has evaporated.
- Begin to gradually add the stock, ladle by ladle, until the rice is al-dente (about 15 minutes).
- To finish the risotto, stir in the chopped roasted butternut squash, parmesan, fresh parsley and season to taste.
- Cook for a couple of minutes to heat and combine, and serve with some sauteed green vegetables.