Bread Paneer Rolls
Spicy bread Paneer rolls are great as an appetizer and a tasty compliment for afternoon tea. This is very easy and quick recipe to make. Paneer, is an Indian cheese also known as chena that is liked by all and used in many dishes. Bread paneer rolls are made with spiced paneer rolled in bread.
- 6 slice soft white bread
- 1 cup shredded paneer available in Indian grocery stores
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger finely shredded adrak
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped hara dhania
- 1 tsp green chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp hot milk, use as needed
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Mix well all the filling ingredients, except milk. The texture of the mix should be soft enough to spread on bread. If needed add milk as needed. Set aside.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices. Roll the bread very thin using rolling pin. Spread a thin layer of the mix over ¾ of the bread slice, and roll it into a cylinder, making sure ends are sealed, if needed brush the edges with water.
- Lightly butter all around and grill on skillet over medium heat. Keep turning them, making sure rolls are evenly browned all around.
- Serve them hot or at room temperature they taste great. You can also slice them in two to three pieces.
Variations Instead of paneer you can also use the boiled mashed potato with same spices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!