Bread Paneer Rolls
- 6 slice soft white bread
- 1 cup shredded paneer (available in Indian grocery stores)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger finely shredded (adrak)
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
- 1 tsp green chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp hot milk, use as needed
- 2 tbsp melted butter
Mix well all the filling ingredients, except milk. The texture of the mix should be soft enough to spread on bread. If needed add milk as needed. Set aside.
Trim the edges of the bread slices. Roll the bread very thin using rolling pin. Spread a thin layer of the mix over ¾ of the bread slice, and roll it into a cylinder, making sure ends are sealed, if needed brush the edges with water.
Lightly butter all around and grill on skillet over medium heat. Keep turning them, making sure rolls are evenly browned all around.
Serve them hot or at room temperature they taste great. You can also slice them in two to three pieces.
Instead of paneer you can also use the boiled mashed potato with same spices.