Asparagus With Ginger
Stir-fry asparagus is healthy and simple to prepare, yet very delicious. Asparagus With Ginger is a beautiful dish to serve and makes a great appetizer or a side dish.Recipe serves 4.
- 1 bunch of asparagus approx. 1 pound
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seed jeera
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Holding the stalk at both ends, bend gently until it breaks on its own. Discard the hard portion of the stalk.
- Cut the remaining asparagus spears diagonally into 2 inch pieces.
- Bring oil to medium heat in a large frying pan that can hold all the asparagus.
- Add cumin seeds and wait till they crack. Then add asparagus, ginger, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Stir-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes until asparagus are tender but still crunch.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese on cooked asparagus, just prior to serving. If the asparagus is warm enough, the cheese will melt and be delicious.
- Add 1 tablespoon sliced almonds half way through cooking the asparagus (step 5 of Method). This will make a beautiful presentation and taste great.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!