Aloo (Potato) Masala
Aloo masala is a nice compliment for any kind of dosa. The Aloo Masala can be rolled in the dosa or served as a side dish.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds rai
- 1/2 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped hara dhania
- Boiled the potatoes until they are soft and let cool.
- Peel and chop the potatoes in small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If it cracks right away, the oil is ready.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafetida. As the seeds crack, add turmeric, potatoes, green chili, and salt. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cilantro.
- The potatoes should be slightly moist and not very dry.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!