Aam Ki Launji, Sweet and Sour Mango Chutney
Aam Ki Launji is packed full of flavors, creating a wonderful combination of sweet, spicy, and sour. This can be used as a side dish or as a condiment. My favorite way to serve Aam Ki Launji is with stuffed parathas. This is a quick and easy recipe that adds a lot to your palette!
- 2-1/2 cup raw cooking mango cut into byte size pieces, I used 1 mango
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 dry red chilies cut into pieces
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 1/4 tsp nigella seeds kalonji
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds methi dana
- 1 tsp fennel seed saunf
- 2 tsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar use as needed
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan, over low heat. When oil is just warm add all the ingredients except sugar, red chilies and asafetida, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander powder, red chili, turmeric, sugar and salt sauté for few seconds.
- Add the mango cubes, mix well add about 1/4 cup of water mix it well cover the pan. And let it cook on a medium heat for 7-8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- After mangoes are cooked they are soft and tender add sugar and turn off the heat and cover the pan for few minutes.
- Once Aam Ki Launji is cooled, you can refrigerate. For up to a week.
Notes For this recipe, raw cooking mango works the best. These mangoes are now available year around in most Indian grocery stores. You may find that sometimes the mangoes have already started ripening and the color is not white when you slice inside, but it will still work. You can also use mangoes that are not ripe enough and too sour to eat for this recipe. If you think that the mango still needs some sourness, add in mango powder.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
4 thoughts on “Aam Ki Launji, Sweet And Sour Mango Chutney”
I never even knew what chutney was, never tried it before. I made this last night to go with your paneer makhani and my family were all thrilled! I bought regular eating mangoes and they worked just fine. It was such a nice, sweet side dish to go with dinner.
Do u peel the potato
Nice Share , it looks yummy
You must log in to post a comment.